Homework Do's and Don'ts
These are interesting times to say the least! I know that analysis homework is best accomplished as a group effort. The following guidelines are meant to clarify my expectations. This document may change; if that happens, I will let you know.
- You are permitted to work in pairs, and I STRONGLY encourage you to do so. Use any means necessary to contact your partner. Turn in one paper for your group. Don't have a partner? Let me know and I'll see if I can find one for you.
- For each assignment, I will post hints on the blog. If you have further questions, post a comment on the hint entry and I will answer the question in the blog. I will not answer any questions on an assignment on the day it is due.
- Submit your assignments via email. Please use a scanning app like AdobeScan (free) rather than taking a picture, and submit your work as a single document. That will make reading your work much easier.
- Assignments need to be typed. You may use Microsoft word or LaTeX. All equations should be entered using the equation editor. Why am I doing this? I think this will allow me to provide better feedback in a timely manner. I'm also going to assign fewer problems than I have in past years, but I want them done more carefully.
- Start assignments early so you can ask questions! I promise to do my best to help you, but I'm not on 24/7 customer support mode. I have a family, and we need time together too. I also need to eat, sleep, etc.
Any questions or concerns? Post a comment on the blog if you think the class can help address it, or email me directly with more personal concerns.